Admissions for Reception Class
Admissions for Reception Class 2023
Welcome to Sandfield!
We are a very popular oversubscribed Primary school in the heart of Guildford town centre and pride ourselves on our amazing community and family links.
Is Your Child Starting School in September 2023? Please click here for more information>>
All applications for Reception Class are made via the Surrey County Council: Tel: 0300 200 1004, or via email at email@example.com, or visit the Surrey County Council website
Please see the Guidance section at the bottom of this page.
As well as tours of the school, we have a virtual tour to welcome you to Sandfield!
This year we are running tours for all prospective parents with our School Ambassadors, Senior and Office Staff on the following dates and times.
Tuesday 1st November 2022 at 9:30am
Wednesday 2nd November 2022 at 9:30am
Wednesday 2nd November 2022 at 7:00pm
Friday 6th January 2023 at 9:30am
To book a place on any of these tours, please click this link: Tours of Sandfield Booking Form
Prospective Parent Comments
‘We are greatly impressed by the diversity of Sandfield Primary School. Our daughter has been raised overseas and therefore an educational environment that embraces a wide variety of experiences and backgrounds would suit her very well’
‘We visited Sandfield and were very impressed by the standard of teaching’
‘This school looks to be of a great quality and location’
‘When visiting Sandfield we were impressed by the organisation, multi-culturalism and engagement of the children. We also got a good sense of community and are living close by’
There is an online form for you to fill in (link on the Parent Information Board for new starters – or go direct to the form here). You will be able to pay for uniform once it is ready to be collected.
Please note that we do not stock white polo shirts, grey school trousers or green skirts or pinafores.
Tours will be taking place this year along with a video message from staff and most importantly from our children.
To book a place please click here: School Tours 2022
Surrey County Council is the admissions Authority should you wish to submit an appeal regarding admissions please refer to this guidance: Surrey Schools Appeals Procedures
September 2022 Entry
Please note that some of these deadlines and the process for hearing appeals may change depending on the national situation as a result of COVID-19. You will be informed on a case by case basis.
Primary School offers made on 19th April 2022 by Surrey County Council
Applicants to have replied either accepting or declining their offer by 4th May 2022
Appeals to be lodged by 18th May 2022
Appeals to be heard by 20th July 2022 (40 days)
Appeals will not start being heard until after the relevant closing date has passed. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Appellants will be sent notification of their appeal hearing at least 10 clear school days in advance of the hearing. Appellants will be sent a copy of the school’s case 7 clear working days in advance of the hearing.
Appellants must ensure that any further evidence not included with their initial appeal, is received by 5pm on the day preceding three clear working days prior to the appeal hearing date. Any additional evidence or information received after this date might not be considered at the appeal hearing.
In Year or Immediate Entry Appeals
Appeals resulting from in-year admission applications will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
The waiting lists for each year group are also held by Surrey County Council. Further details regarding admissions to any Guildford Education Partnership school can be found in the relevant school Admissions policy.
Guidance for Admissions
- Application process – Applications for Sandfield are handled by the Admissions Team at Surrey County Council. Please use their contact details at the top of this page to be guided through the process.
- Details of Selection Criteria – These can be found in the Policy Document on this page, but if you have any questions then please contact Mrs Lindsey Donnithorne at the school office.
- Details of Over-Subscribed Criteria – These can be found in the Policy Document on this page.
- School Admission Number (PAN) for reference is: 30
- Admission Arrangements for Disabled Students – information can be found in the Policy Document, but please speak to the Surrey County Council Admissions Team about your personal circumstances for more guidance and help.
- Details on Priority Applications – These can be found in the Policy Document on this page.
- Mid-Year Application Information and Process – Please read the Policy Document on this page and contact the Surrey County Council Admissions Team.