SANDFIELD ADMISSION POLICY
In Surrey, children must start full-time education no later than the beginning of the term following their fifth birthday with the exception of summer born children who must take up their place at the beginning of the term of their fifth birthday (Summer term). The Governing Body has approved the following admission criteria to be used to allocate places when the school is oversubscribed (in priority order)
- FIRST Looked After and Previously Looked After Children (see addendum for 2022/23 Policy)
- SECOND Exceptional Arrangements
- THIRD Siblings with a brother or sister still attending the school at the time of admissions.
- FOURTH Priority is given to the children of staff where the member of staff has been employed at Sandfield Primary School for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made.
- FIFTH Nearest School – the nearest school is defined as the school closest to their home address admitting pupils of the appropriate age range, as measured by a straight line. The nearest school may be either inside or outside the county boundary.
- SIXTH Any other applicant.
If there is oversubscription in any of the above criteria priority will be given on the basis of nearness to school measured in a straight line from the address point of the pupil’s house, as set by Ordnance Survey to the nearest school gate for pupils to use. This is calculated using the Admission and Transport team’s Geographical Information system. For full details, please see our Admissions Policy above.
RECEPTION CLASS ADMISSIONS
If you are looking for a school place for your child in September for Reception Class, please click here
To apply for a place for your child in current school years (Reception to Year 6), please visit the In-Year Admissions page here >> The waiting lists for each year are also held by them and to add your child to our waiting list, please click here>>
If you have been unsuccessful in gaining a place at Sandfield Primary School and you wish to lodge an appeal, please see below for further information on Appeals. Alternatively, please call the Surrey Schools Appeals Service on 0300 200 1004 or 0208 541 9029 to require appeal papers. Surrey Appeals Service administers the appeal process for Sandfield Primary School. For information on the Appeals Timetable and deadlines for lodging an appeal, please click here>>
APPLICATION FROM OVERSEAS
Surrey County Council provides advice for applicants from overseas. Please click here.